Friday, October 28, 2011

Kareena Kapoor: 'I just want to be a movie star'

Kareena Kapoor has claimed that her parents did not oppose her appearing in Bollywood films.

The star is part of a dynasty of actors, including her sister Karisma and her first cousin Ranbir Kapoor.

She told the Hindustan Times: "I want to set the record straight. Because it was made out to be that my father was very against it. Yes, the Kapoor khandaan (family) girls never really joined films. But my father is extremely relaxed.

"I don't think he's ever told Karisma or me to not join movies. He says, 'If you want to go out there, you have to go out there and battle it out yourself.'"



Kapoor continued: "I have worked in some great and some really horrible films. But he's never questioned me. He said, 'Do what you want, but just don't make me cringe.'"

The Ra.One star added: "Somewhere I see a twinkle in my father's eye every time I call him to see a film or if he congratulates me for Madame Tussauds or when he calls me up to tell me he's happy for Bodyguard. So obviously I've done him proud."

In September, Kapoor said her success in films is down to luck rather than family connections.

The actress attended the unveiling of her waxwork at Blackpool's Madame Tussauds on Thursday (October 27). (Digital SPy)

No comments:

Post a Comment